Friday, October 26, 2007

How Does Nikolay Davydenko Deal With Getting Fined For Giving Up? He Weeps.

I'd weep too if that was staring at me every time I looked in the mirror. Good gravy this guy is heinous looking.

The old saying that there's no such thing as bad publicity isn't really holding up when you're talking about Nikolay Davydenko. In the last couple of months, Davydenko has really made a name for himself with a couple of less than positive stories surfacing. First, there was the abnormal betting situation in a match earlier this year in which Davydenko pulled out of a match late due to injury and was questioned about match fixing. The link between the betting and Davydenko's late match gimp led to the most obvious fixed tennis match since Jerry threw his match to Milos. Then yesterday, after cruising through the first set of a match against the world's 102nd rated player 6-1, Davydenko threw the rest of the match so badly that he was warned during the match by the chair ump and then later fined by the ATP for purposely losing the match. This guy clearly has some side action going on here. I don't understand how the ATP can continue to let him play when he pulls shit like this. I also can't believe that this guy is so blatant about his throwing of matches that he has to be warned DURING THE MATCH that he's not fooling anyone. But what may be the best part of all of this is Davydenko's reaction. When confronted with the accusation of throwing the match, he wept:
"I double-faulted to lose a game in the third set and he gave me a warning saying I was trying to lose on purpose," Davydenko told reporters after the match.

"I was simply shocked to hear him say that. This is just outrageous. How does he know what I was trying to do? I was so upset with the whole thing I started crying."
Me thinks Nikolay may want take some time off and regroup. There are definitely some issues he needs to work through. He should start by treating his radiation poisoning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My only question is if Davydenko's opponent broke him down with some of Milos' barbs; and I quote... "Hey everybody, look! The little chicken girl wants me to
ease up. He can't handle this, so he cries like a woman!
Hahaha!" ... and then Davydenko did cry...jesus...Seinfeld is so good it can be used for comedy or evil!!