Thursday, October 25, 2007

If Channing Crowder Is Any Indication, Maybe Miss South Carolina Was Onto Something, Such As

I'll take any excuse I can get to post this clip. Simply classic.

I grew up with maps. I was kind of a map dork as a kid. I had a puzzle of the United States with large wooden pieces that I took apart and put back together about one million times. I also carried an enormous Rand McNally U.S. road map in the backseat with me even if we were just going to the grocery store. Later I graduated to a book of world maps and poured over it until I got a gameboy and began dominating Ten Yard Fight. It's because of this history that I have very little patience for people who don't know shit about shit when it comes to geography. So Channing Crowder, I have no patience for you:
“I couldn’t find London on a map if they didn’t have the names of the countries,” Crowder said. “I swear to God. I don’t know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that.

“I know (Washington Redskins linebacker) London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him. That’s the closest thing I know to London. He’s black, so I’m sure he’s not from London. I’m sure that’s a coincidental name.”
Yikes. Maybe it's me but Crowder's comment about Italy and the boot reminds of the quote from The Program when Lattimer is giving Alvin Mack shit about not being able to read and Mack says, "I can read motherfucker. See this, it says 'Adidas.'" Then Lattimer comes back and says, "I taught him that." But that may not even be the dumbest thing said in this quote. A coincidental name? What exactly is the coincidence? Is the coincidence that there just happened to be a little town named London in the world as well as a man named London? I'm really not following. Also, there are black people in London. Don't you watch any of Guy Ritchie's films? In fact, one of Crowder's opponents, Osi Umenyiora, was born in London. Let's just say that it's a good thing Channing was never a contestant in a teen beauty pageant, or geography bee, or "Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?", or spelling bee or the Price is Right for that matter. In fact it's a very good thing that Channing does not derive his income from a source that requires him to speak.

No comments: