Sunday, November 18, 2007

This Just In: Tom Brady Is Good


I'll keep this short.

Like many of you, I am watching NBC's Sunday Night Football In America: A Tradition Older And More Dear To Americans Than Apple Pie, Christmas, Masturbation & Breakfast Combined, when I noticed something. As of this moment, Tom Brady is 18 for 22 for 250 yards and 3 tds. Of those four incompletions, 3 hit the guy directly in the hands and were dropped and the other one was thrown at the feet of Kevin Faulk because the screen pass was blown up. He's only thrown one ball that should not have been caught. What this led me to conclude is that Tom Brady is good. Really good in fact. I would argue this (and yes, I am aware I am a complete homer): Tom Brady is playing his position and his sport better than anyone has ever done anything. Let's move beyond football quarterbacking here because that's not even an argument. He's quarterbacking better than Shakespeare wrote tragedies or Van Gogh painted shit or better than Beethoven composed symphonies. His domination is beyond anything I've ever seen or heard about. It's remarkable.

No one has ever done anything better than Tom Brady is playing the quarterback for the NFL. And to be honest, I don't think it's all that close.

No comments: