Friday, March 30, 2007

Hot Carl

I am officially starting the slow clap for the auspicious beginning to the Carl Pavano era.

I thought I'd have to wait for at least a month or so to breakout the "Hot Carl" title. And while the title doesn't really make a ton of sense, this story is so good I figured what the hell, Christmas came a little early this year. Carl Pavano is a fledgling blog writer's dream. Especially one who is not very fond of the Yankees. Today, Joe Torre is going to announce that Carl Pavano will take the mound for Yanks on Opening Day. Naturally, Pavano was likely to be a lead story in the New York papers because of this. He made it alright. In fact, he made the front page of today's New York Post, though it had very little to do with his matchup versus the D-Rays. Pavano made the Post because he cheated on his model girlfriend and she dumped him. This would be great in and of itself but his now ex GF takes him to task in the article and finishes it off with an outstanding dig at Carl's ability on the mound.
"I was the one that trained him and got him there all year," she told Steppin' Out's Chaunce Hayden.

"I stood by him and didn't work so I could help him out, and he cheats on me. Nice, right?"
Allemand told the mag Pavano has been a taker, and not enough of a giver.

"I've given up too much for him. Carl hasn't been there at all for me," she said. "The time when I needed Carl the most, he hasn't been there."

Obviously hurting, Allemand described their relationship as being "as bad as Carl's pitching!"

Ouch!

And how do you know it's really over? Well, she switched her Myspace page relationship status from "married" (though she wasn't) to "single" and took down all pictures of Carl. To Echo the Post's sentiment, "Ouch!"

No comments: