Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Norfolk St. Coach Piles On The Michigan Debacle


Michigan takes on Notre Dame this weekend, so at least on the field it won't get much worse than the last two weeks. But off the field, that's a whole 'nother story. Losing to a 1-AA team is bad and getting KILLED at home by Oregon is REALLY bad, but how about a coach on a 1-AA team taking an out-of-the-blue shot at your team for no apparent reason:

"After watching Rutgers on film and watching Michigan play [Oregon], I think I'd rather be playing Michigan," said Adrian, whose Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) team will be the Knights' homecoming opponent Saturday.
Yeeeeeeeouch! That was unnecessary. I can't say I disagree and in fact this may even be more offensive to Rutgers who it would seem could wipe the floor with the 2007 Michigan squad, but the real issue is that it was even brought up at all. Michigan is now officially everyone's favorite whipping boy.

No comments: